At dovetail solutions, we’re proud of our Strategic Community Investment (SCI) efforts. In addition to each team member’s individual volunteer commitments, we make public outreach a cornerstone of our work through team volunteer events or financial giving.
Here’s a look at some of dovetail solutions’ community investment efforts last year:
- SafeHouse Denver: Last March our team spent one morning volunteering with SafeHouse Denver, which supports survivors of domestic violence, by organizing its donations for distribution to survivors and their families. We also made a sizable contribution to this organization on Colorado Gives Day, which helped the nonprofit to raise 25 percent morethan its original goal for this annual day focused on nonprofit donations.
- Denver Botanic Gardens: The dovetail solutions office closed for one day in order for our team to volunteer at the annual Spring Plant Sale.
- The Gathering Place: In October, our team prepared and served lunch to patrons at The Gathering Place, metro Denver’s only daytime drop-in center serving women, children and transgender individuals experiencing poverty.
Aside from the obvious benefit of donating time to serve those in need, a well-planned SCI program offers other advantages:
- Dovetailing with business community:A properly executed SCI strategy should help companies find a natural integration between their philanthropic efforts and business community. We invite our clients and other business partners to company volunteer events. In lieu of holiday client gifts, consider making a donation to a meaningful nonprofit in your clients’ names. Businesses will appreciate the opportunity to extend goodwill into the community through your team’s efforts.
- Strategic partnerships:Nonprofits rely on strategic partners to advance their missions. But nonprofits can play just as important a role in a business’ development. No matter the industry, there are nonprofits that reach your target audiences and align with your service offerings. A homebuilder should consider partnering with a nonprofit that builds homes for the disadvantaged, for example. Building strategic partnerships with nonprofits at the intersection of business goals and personal passions can help companies to connect with other industry leaders and build brand awareness among target audiences.
- Team bonding:Corporate volunteer events provide a fantastic opportunity for professional teams to connect outside of the office setting, allowing the teams to come together to accomplish a non-work-related goal.
Interested in learning how your company can build a focused strategy to take its philanthropic efforts to the next level? Give us a call — we’d love to talk with you!