A local university contracted dovetail solutions to enhance the brand, community partnership and public relations initiatives for their College of Business. While the business college was one of the best in the state, it lacked a distinct identity from the rest of the university as well as a rigorous presence in community involvement.
The College of Business wanted to position itself as a leader in business education and a community partner. To provide a united image, dovetail solutions, in accordance with the college, decided to utilize the business college’s dean as the university representative.
dovetail solutions identified the following short-term goals:
- Increase the recognition and distinction of the business college.
- Increase the college’s level of community engagement, both locally and nationally.
- Assist in the development of an annual awards event, highlighting a business or community leader that exemplified the values of the business college.
dovetail solutions identified the following long-term goals:
- Expand awareness of the College of Business and create visibility in new audiences.
- Solidify the business college’s brand identity internally and externally, including internal communications and messaging as well as media relations.
- Develop opportunities to educate relevant audiences and build collaboration for the College of Business with business and government.
Through dovetail solutions’ comprehensive marketing, brand strategies and community involvement initiatives, the College of Business and its dean were provided with numerous strategic introductions and opportunities to increase visibility, including media placements and local event attendance as well as options for worthwhile community involvement. Overall, both the short- and long-term goals of the College of Business were accomplished. The business college and its dean were provided with strategic and lasting relationships that will continue to benefit the university and community.